With summer nearly here, it’s time to make sure that your pool and glass pool fencings are tip top shape for the family. At All Things Glass, we design, manufacture and install glass pool fencing in Perth. We know that the very best way to show off your pool area is to install frameless or semi frameless glass pool fencing.
With that being said, here are 5 tips to help you keep your pool at home looking fabulous for the summer.
- Remove leaves and debris: If your pool isn’t very large or your budget is limited, then you can just do this by hand with a pole skimmer. Otherwise, it is a sensible idea to invest in automatic pool cleaning products that will skim along the bottom of the pool, cleaning all of the debris away in a flash.
- Check your filter: With heavy use in summer, your filter needs to be working at full capacity. So if you have a cartridge filter, pull it out and give it a thorough hose down and don’t forget the catcher as well. If you have a larger pool, you will need to backwash the system to clean out the leaf basket and turn on the pump to clear the pipes.
- Balance your chemicals: The easiest way to do this is to invest in an automatic system that regulates your pool’s chemistry. If you are doing this by hand however, check your pool water once a week during summer and top up with the right chemicals as needed. The heavier the use of the pool, the more your pool will be out of balance.
- Shocking your pool: Not everyone needs to do this, but if your pool is really cloudy because of heavy usage, you might need to shock it with chlorine products to bring it back up to manageable levels. The best way to approach this is to contact your local pool shop. Take a sample of your pool water to them and ask their opinion.
- Top up your pool: With lots of activity during the summer, just keep an eye on the water level in your pool. You might need to top it up regularly to not only keep it looking great, but to also to keep the water above the level of the skimmers so the system works properly.